Highly Effective Hypnotherapy For Depression in London. Book Your Free Specialist Consultation...
Are you researching hypnotherapy for depression? Choosing the right hypnotherapist for yourself is extremely important. Research has shown “therapy relationship makes substantial and consistent contributions to psychotherapy outcome independent of the specific type of treatment,”. With this in mind, we offer you a free no obligation telephone consultation so that you can make an informed decision. We look forward to speaking with you.
Please call us to book your free consultation on 020 7183 8342
Depression - Symptoms
Depression – Symptoms
Before you begin to read this section about depression, please know that we can help you get better. We have no desire to make you feel worse! Hypnotherapy for depression works. You can call us instead on 020 7183 8342.
According to the Office of National Statistics’ 2013 survey Measuring National Well-being – Health. Nearly 1 in 5 (19%) of people in the UK aged 16 and over showed some evidence of anxiety or depression with a higher percentage of women (21%) than men (16%).
Depression is extremely common and it would appear to be on the increase. We all have temporary lows, but during depression, the negative emotions you feel and self-defeating thoughts you have are extremely difficult to overcome. Depression can soon impact every area of your life.
Living with depression is very difficult for those who suffer from it and for their family, friends, and colleagues. Depressive episodes can last many months and may return.
Depression has many causes and is often comorbid with stress and anxiety. Sometimes the reason for the onset of depression may seem obvious (such as loss of employment or the passing of a loved one), but sometimes depression appears to have no particular trigger.
Signs and symptoms of depression include:
- Persistent low mood. You feel sad or tearful most of the time.
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness .You believe that nothing will ever get better and you are unable to improve your situation.
- Self-loathing. You don’t like yourself. You have strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt. You criticise yourself harshly.
- Loss of interest in daily activities. You have little or no interest in former hobbies, pastimes, social activities, or sex. Nothing seems to bring you pleasure anymore.
- Change in appetite and/or weight. You experience significant weight loss or weight gain in a relatively short time.
- Changes to sleep. You experience insomnia (difficulty sleeping or staying asleep), especially waking up in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping (hypersomnia).
- Anger or irritability. You feel restless, agitated, or violent. You may have little patience and a short temper. You may find everyone irritating.
- Lack of energy. You feel constantly tired and fatigued – physically drained. You may find that even small tasks are exhausting or take longer to complete.
- Reckless behaviour. You engage in self-destructive or escapist behaviours such as gambling, drinking or substance abuse. You may drive recklessly.
- Poor concentration. You have trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things. You find it difficult to start and finish tasks.
Unexplained aches and pains. You experience aches and pains in your back, abdomen or muscles.
If you are experiencing regular or serious thoughts of self-harm or suicide, please call the Samaritans (08457 90 90 90) or visit this NHS web-page for further information and helplines.
Hypnotherapy For Depression
Hypnotherapy for Depression
Treatment of depression with hypnotherapy and mindfulness.
“Some of us have depression and continue to suffer even if in the present situation everything looks all right. This is because we have a tendency to dwell in the past . We feel more comfortable making our home there, even if it holds a lot of suffering. That home is deep down in our subconscious , where the films of the past are always projected. Every night you go back and watch those films and suffer. And the future you constantly worry about is nothing other than a projection of fear and desire from the past.” Thich Nhat Hanh .
As Thich Nhat Hanh so rightly points out above, when we suffer with depression, we have a tendency to dwell on past events and future uncertainty. Rather than making the most of the present moment, we end up ruminating about our hopelessness, our losses and failures. We retreat from the world and become self-absorbed.
If you are suffering with depression, you may be fully aware of positive steps you can take to improve your life (such as exercise, social interaction and healthy eating), however you may lack the energy, motivation and mental strength to make these changes. And what’s the point anyway? Your whole future may appear so bleak that nothing matters anymore. You may feel so exhausted that you have simply given up. Hypnosis for depression treatment can help.
Hypnotherapy is not a miracle cure but it can effectively help to treat depression in a number of ways.
Hypnotherapy can help you to make peace with your past by identifying and dealing with the underlying conscious and unconscious causes of your depression.
Hypnotherapy and mindfulness can help you to change your mindset so that you can develop a more positive inner voice.
Hypnotherapy can help you to reframe your problems so that your perception of them changes. This can be very self-empowering.
Hypnotherapy can help you to overcome any stress and anxiety that is preventing you from getting better.
Hypnotherapy can help you to become more confident and develop a more positive mental attitude.
Hypnotherapy can help you start believing in yourself and more importantly in your own ability to overcome the nightmare that is depression.
Hypnotherapy can relieve the unexplained physical aches and pains that often accompany depression.
Hypnotherapy can help to improve your motivation, concentration and decision making.
Hypnotherapy can help you sleep.
We will also teach you self-hypnosis and mindfulness techniques that will help you to relax your body and mind. These skills can be used in all areas of your life and if used regularly will help to prevent depression from ever returning.
When you begin to emerge from your depression, at first you may notice only momentary breaks in the grey clouds. You may catch only a glimpse of the sun but due to your experience of sadness you can learn to truly enjoy these moments. And each moment of happiness that you enjoy will help you to become more aware of the next time the clouds part. Over time your sky will clear and you will shine again.
Please note – Individual results may vary from person to person.
Because We Care
We truly value the opportunity to work with every new client so here are some introductory gifts for you...
- 50% Discount on 72 hour Lifestyle Assessment - Learn scientifically how your current lifestyle is affecting your mental and physical health.
- 50% Discount on Breakthroughs & Coaching (limited time offer) - Choose a whole area of your life to work on... Break through old/limiting beliefs, access new resources and Achieve Your Potential!
- Free Telephone Consultation With Tim Dunton - Find out more about hypnotherapy & NLP. Learn how I can help you to overcome psychological & physical difficulties/illness or enhance your current state.
- Free Self Hypnosis Session - Although not as powerful as hypnotherapy, self hypnosis can be a useful tool in reducing stress, anxiety and much more... Yours to keep!
Call 020 7183 8342 or