Insomnia - The Stats
Hypnotherapy for Insomnia
Are you tired of not sleeping properly? If so, you are not alone. According to the National Center on Sleep Disorders Research at the National Institutes of Health in the United States, about 30%–40% of adults say they have symptoms of insomnia within a given year, and about 10%–15% of adults report chronic insomnia (National Institute of Health 2005).
The physical and psychological impact of lack of sleep on our lives is substantial. According the Great British Survey of 2012:
- 88% of poor sleepers suffer with fatigue.
- 77% of poor sleepers have relationship problems.
- 77% of poor sleepers suffer from low mood.
- 74% of poor sleepers struggle to be productive.
- 62% of poor sleepers struggle to concentrate.
- 56% of poor sleepers feel helpless.
- 53% of poor sleepers feel alone.
To make matters worse, the survey also proved that we experience increasing sleep difficulties as we get older.
Insomnia is highly prevalent in disorders such as anxiety and depression but it appears that insomnia is not just a symptom of these disorders. According to a study published in the journal SLEEP carried out by Dr. Neckelmann of Haukeland University Hospital (on data collected from 25,130 adults from two general health surveys), chronic insomnia can increase one’s chances for developing anxiety disorders and depression. Treating insomnia can also help in the treatment of depression and anxiety.
If you are experiencing long-term insomnia, it is beneficial for your mental health to treat it as soon as possible – Hypnotherapy can help.
You don’t have to put up with the tremendous suffering that insomnia brings. Call Central London Hypnotherapy now on 020 7692 8218.
Hypnotherapy For Insomnia
Hypnosis for Sleep
At Central London Hypnotherapy, we can help you sleep. Hypnotherapy for sleep is extremely effective – Call us now on 020 7692 8218
The word hypnosis stems from the Ancient Greek word hypnos – which means sleep. Difficulty achieving sleep or staying asleep is often accompanied by an ‘overactive’ or worrying mind. Self-hypnosis and mindfulness are highly effective in achieving states of relaxation that can help the worrying conscious mind to ‘switch off’ so that sleep can ensue. But achieving relaxation prior to sleep, doesn’t necessarily address the underlying cause of the insomnia.
Hypnotherapy can help to address insomnia and any underlying causes . Your insomnia may be caused by disorders such as stress, anxiety and depression. However, you may have simply fallen prey to negative thought processes leading to vicious cycles that create your own self-fulfilling prophecy. If you are constantly worrying about getting to sleep, it is likely that you will be correct! To a certain extent, we are what we think… If you think you are an insomniac, you probably are…
Whatever the causes, hypnosis for sleep enhancement is extremely effective. By addressing your sleep problems early, you may prevent the onset of serious psychological disorders.
There is a wealth of research supporting the use of hypnosis in sleep disorders including insomnia. A clinical review of hypnosis and relaxation therapies published in the British Medical Journal considered the existing research on hypnosis and concluded that hypnosis was proven to be effective for treating insomnia. (Vickers & Zollman, ‘Hypnosis and relaxation therapies,’ BMJ 1999;319: 1346-1349).
Please note – Individual results may vary from person to person.
Because We Care
We truly value the opportunity to work with every new client so here are some introductory gifts for you...
- 50% Discount on 72 hour Lifestyle Assessment - Learn scientifically how your current lifestyle is affecting your mental and physical health.
- 50% Discount on Breakthroughs & Coaching (limited time offer) - Choose a whole area of your life to work on... Break through old/limiting beliefs, access new resources and Achieve Your Potential!
- Free Telephone Consultation With Tim Dunton - Find out more about hypnotherapy & NLP. Learn how I can help you to overcome psychological & physical difficulties/illness or enhance your current state.
- Free Self Hypnosis Session - Although not as powerful as hypnotherapy, self hypnosis can be a useful tool in reducing stress, anxiety and much more... Yours to keep!
Call 020 7692 8218 or